Why Spinach is the Powerhouse Vegetable You Need in Your Daily Diet
Spinach is an incredibly healthy and nutrient-packed vegetable that everyone should implement into their regular diet. This super diverse leafy green is the perfect way to get your vitamins and nutrition in order
Spinach is an immense nutrient packed vegetable that is one of the most constantly recommended vegetables, even by doctors, for its medicinal properties. This leafy green is one you're constantly going to find on any medical professional's recommendation list! FOr an easy and simple way to amp up your daily diet for more vitamins and nutrients, consider adding spinach for that quick and healthy fix! Read on below to find out more about what makes spinach so great:
Some Fun Facts About Spinach:
· Spinach is a native plant of Persia (modern day Iran). It was introduced to China as “Persian vegetable”.
· During World War 1 where Wine fortified with spinach juice was given to wounded French soldiers as a healing remedy.
· March 26th is National Spinach Day.
· Medieval artists extracted green pigment from spinach to use as an ink or paint.
· The creator of the comic strip character, Popeye, E.C. Segar was a vegetarian and as a way of promoting the benefits of vegetables, he boosted his character’s strength with a known iron-rich food. Popeye has been portrayed since 1931.
· China produced over 90% of the world’s total quantity of spinach.
Green Spinach Smoothie For Healthy Drink:
- ¾ cup plain low fat hung curd
- 2 cups chopped raw spinach leaves
- 1 ripe pear, chopped 15 green or red grapes
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- Juice of 1 small lemon
Just blend everything into a smoothie and devour.
Spinach is truly a super food as it comes with umpteenth medicinal benefits. Apart from giving your that radiance and glow, it’s prevents cancer, improve bone health, promotes digestion, reduces hunger and make workouts easier, also relief symptoms of depression and stress. In short, spinach offers a vast variety of health benefits that will help you get through the day, as well as support your future wellbeing.