Whose Advice Does Ranveer Singh Follow?
Do you think you know Ranveer Singh? Read these few facts about him to know
Ranveer Singh is a charming, enigmatic man. He is not only known for his profound acting talent but also his fashion statements which are always in the news. But here are a couple of facts about Ranveer Singh that you may not have known.
- Ranveer who injured his shoulder during the shooting of Bajirao Mastani had earlier suffered a serious leg injury during the shooting of Lootera.
- He almost lost his first role in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer was out with a girl when Yashraj’s casting director Shanu Sharma called. Ranveer refused to take Shanu’s calls , as in his own words he had other things on his mind during the date with the girl (who was she?).
- The minute Aditya Chopra saw Ranveer he immediately decided to cast him in the lead in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer was the first debutant to be launched by Yashraj as a solo hero.
- When he started out as an actor Ranveer seriously thought of changing his name as it sounded too similar to Ranbir.
- There were ugly rumours that Band Baaja Baraat had been funded by Ranveer’s businessman-father, a rumour that Ranveer stoutly denied.
- Ranveer and his first co-star Anushka Sharma bickered endlessly during shooting of Band Baaja Baarat, the reason being their different approaches to acting. She never went to acting school. He is a trained actor.
- Ranveer played a smooth talking ladies’ con-man in his second film Ladies versus Rickie Bahl and his third film Lootera.
- Ranveer was the first choice for Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet. But his dates clashed with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Raas Leela, Ram Leela.
- Ranveer has zero financial acumen. His entrepreneur father takes care of his finances.
- To this day Ranveer seeks career advice from his father, Aditya Chopra and his first director Maneesh Sharma.