What happens to Shiney Ahuja's films?
Question mark over 'Accident' and 'Hitman'
The turn of events in Shiney Ahuja's life has put a question mark over the actor's future projects - one of them is his mentor Sudhir Mishra's "Hitman" and other is Pritish Nandy's "Accident".
"Accident" requires three more days work by the actor, who is in police custody on the charge of raping his teenaged housemaid. Otherwise the film is ready.
"We have completed 95 percent... only three days shoot left. We will shoot Soha Ali Khan's portion and then finish Shiney's portion once he is released," Ramkamal Mukherjee, vice president PNC, told IANS.
But "Hitman" now lies in a state of uncertainty. The actor was upset with his mentor for not casting him in his recent films but they came together for "Hitman" about a ruthless assassin.
So what happens to "Hitman" now?
"I guess it will have to wait," said Mishra.
Shiney was arrested on Sunday night on charges of raping his domestic help and remanded to police custody till June 18.
The victim had been working with Shiney for the past one year. She has accused him of repeatedly raping her.
The victim used to commute by local train from Vasai suburb in neighbouring Thane district to Shiney's home daily for doing cooking and other chores along with two other part-time servants.
Indo-Asian News Service
For daily celebrity news updates sign up for our newsletter www.masala.com/newsletter