Watch: Alia Bhatt Reveals the Secrets to Staying Fit
The diva opens up on her diet secrets with celebrity dietician Rujuta Diwekar
Alia Bhatt has recently been part of some super fun Facebook Live chats! Remember the hilarious one with Karan Johar for his birthday? Well, here’s another one you’ll absolutely love!
The 24-year old diva is just back from her 3 month vacay, where she got her fair share of much needed RnR, and is all geared up to start work on some really interesting projects: Meghna Gulzar’s Raazi, alongside Vicky Kaushal, Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boys opposite Ranveer Singh and Ayan Mukerji’s Dragon with Ranbir Kapoor.
One can only imagine the effect these busy schedules must have on her diet and fitness. The diva, along with her nutrition, Rujuta Diwekar, held a really informative, helpful Facebook Live chat, discussing the challenges of keeping fit and how to conquer them all.
Wondering how to achieve those fitness goals? Here are 5 commandments from Alia, to live by!
1) Sugar is actually not as dangerous as we assume. Rujuta spoke of how sugar is a natural coolant to cool down the core body temperature after a workout. Alia now adds sugar to her nimbu pani, instead of honey.
2) Clearing misconceptions on food habits, Alia revealed, “Everyone’s talking about gluten-free pizza, brown bread and red rice, about reducing their carb intake, and I’m eating white bread and butter at 4am. Rujuta showed me how local food eaten in moderation can be healthy.” Wow, such an eye opener! Hello midnight snacking!
3) A glass of sugarcane juice is something to swear by, especially post work out. And guess what? Kareena Kapoor Khan (who’s also under Rujuta’s wings) is a strong believer in this one, along With Alia of course!
4) The actress spoke of her fondness for the simple Dal khichdi and curd rice, with a spoonful of ghee. She also said she believes in not depriving herself from anything and instead consuming all her favourite foods in moderation.
5) Alia revealed that her regular liquid intake involves lassi and chaas, both made out of purely organic milk.
With the summer upon us, these tips will definitely help in achieving that much desired beach body! What say? Have a look at the chat!