Did you know you lose 100 calories every time your arms blow-dried and straighten your hair? Well yes, that’s right! You see burning calories is not usually our main motivation while blow-drying our hair, but it’s good to know that blow-drying hair has benefits we don’t expect. Hence there are certain unusual ways we can torch those calories while conducting everyday chores, albeit of course on a smaller scale. Hence working out isn’t the only thing that burns calories.
Here are 12 things you probably already do every day that help you burn those calories.
1. Pushing a shopping trolley up the aisles for half an hour will burn over 100 Calories, this number increases with the amount you put in your trolley and the heavier it gets.
2.You can burn up to 11 calories per hour while chewing (sugarless) gum. The act of chewing also helps prevent unnecessary snacking, so that’s a bonus.
3. An hour of hugging can burn upto 70 calories. So ho ahead.spread the love
4. Fidgeting can burn 350 more calories than merely sitting down. Switch positions in your seat, tap your foot and move around as much as possible. P.S Beware of the people getting annoyed around you!
5. Drinking cold water throughout the day can lead to losing an extra 70 calories. Cold water gives us a metabolic boost since our body temperature has to adjust to heat the liquid in our system.
6. Dancing on a Dance Mat for 10 minutes will burn 50-60 Calories.
7. Eating celery. Yes! Celery is so low in calories that the energy expended to eat and digest it is more than the celery itself.
8. Singing in the shower can burn an extra 10-20 Calories per song, depending on the volume and pitch of your voice.
9. Laughing for 10 minutes can make you burn between 20 and 40 Calories.
10. Here’s another reason to take time making a home-cooked meal. You can burn 102 calories when you spend 45 minutes preparing, chopping and cooking your meal
So while you missed going to the gym today, or even if you didn’t have the most productive day, take comfort in the fact that no matter what you accomplished, you burned calories while doing so.