As a desi foodie, I am big on filling my spread with desi paratha and eggs with tea in suhoor time. Although after crossing the 10th day of Ramadhan, I was looking for more suhoor options and luckily came across overnight oats recipe. If you are looking out for food that is full on nutrients and will fuel you throughout the day, then lo and behold the next big food craze is here and here to stay.
What Are Overnight Oats?
The popularity of overnight oats is on the rise. This creamy, nutritious pudding-like consistency is basically layers of raw oats soaked overnight in layers and layers of fruits, nuts, peanut butter, and yogurt. The options to layer this versatile food with your favorite fruits and nuts are endless and the umpteen health and weightless benefits are hard to ignore.
The Many Benefits of Overnight Oats
1. It aids in keeping you full for a longer period which makes it a great option for suhoor time.
2. Overnight Oats are healthy sources of protein and fiber which aids in weight loss and smooth bowel movements.
3. It helps lower cholesterol and controls blood sugar levels
4. Oats helps to keep breast cancer, colorectal cancer and coronary artery disease at bay.
5. Overnight oats are excellent sources of zinc which assist in preventing hormonal imbalances in women.
My Favorite Overnight Oats Recipe
1. Rolled oats around 3 tbsp.
2. Yogurt ½ cup
3. Milk 1/3 cup
4. Honey 1tsp.
5. Fruits(Peaches, bananas, berries, apples)
6. Nuts( almonds, walnuts, pistachio, cashews
7. Chia or flax seeds 1tsp.
• Add one layer of rolled oats followed by another layer of yogurt
• Drizzle honey over the first layer
• Fruits fill up the next layer followed by a layer of nuts
• Chia or flax seeds make up the last layer
• Bon Appetit!
Now you don’t have to worry about making breakfast in the morning. This super quick Overnight oats recipe can be conveniently made at night to be devoured in the morning.