Al Habtoor City
It will be a celebration like none other. Al Habtoor City – that houses the three spectacular properties St Regis Dubai, W Dubai and The Westin Dubai – have offers that are quite unmatched this festive season. I got a glimpse of the seasonal menus prepared by the supremely talented chefs and it was a showcase of how lavish an Xmas or New Years’ menu can be. Amidst the mesmerising decorations in the awe-inspiring Churchill Suite at St Regis – a 9000 sq ft, gigantic space that is at once regal, inspiring and super luxurious – the dishes were presented, one after the other… the seafood and the roasts and the desserts… each one raising a toast to gastronomic indulgence. If you plan a true feast for the senses then this is your destination. Here are some of the highlights of what’s on offer:
St. Regis Dubai
· On Christmas eve, Brasserie Quartier and J&G Steakhouse offer a degustation menu of festive delights including traditional roast turkey carved tableside, four course menu with apertifs, items from the raw bar, special meat cuts and the works ( Dhs240 onwards).
· On December 25, choose to brunch at Le Patio or Brasserie Quartier where a grand buffet of signature festive specialties will be on offer along with a live jazz band (Dhs 495 onwards).
· Get swept off in the Xmas fervor at Level Seven’s Xmas eve Night brunch (Dhs225 onwards).
· The Christmas party of the week is likely to be at W Lounge and Namu with its Japanese-Korean twist to the celebrations (Dhs 295 onwards). Namu and Level Seven are also the venues for the New Years Eve brunches.
· Level Seven, Namu and W Lounge are also wooing diners with brunches on December 25.
The Westin Dubai
· You can order a sumptuous 5kg whole roast turkey cooked to perfection, with all the trimmings and freshest ingredients for Christmas.
· II Capo has some fantastic New York-Italian treats on Christmas.
· On New Year’s eve Blinq bar is the place to be as it hosts a Venetian Masquerade Party.
· Cook Hall is the perfect place to round up a group of friends in a casual setting to ring in the New Year to live music with a band playing from 22.30 until 01.30.
INFO: St Regis, W Dubai and The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City
CATCH’s Christmas offer is an a la carte menu filled with delicious meals including black snapper with winter mushrooms, roasting fingerling potato, oven-dried tomatoes and baby fennel, coconut sweet potato and roasted Brussels sprouts. Its contemporary venue will offer a sophisticated and mouth-watering Christmas menu, incorporating the in-house favourites with a festive twist.
INFO: The Fairmont Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, +971 4357 1755, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Palace Downtown Dubai
Enjoy an Argentinean Christmas Eve dinner at Asado on December 24, followed by a brunch (1 pm to 4.30 pm) at Ewaan on the big day. The brunch at Ewaan ranges from Dhs 550 to Dhs 850. The activities include gingerbread making, a Santa visit and presents for children. On Boxing Day, the spread comes with great good deals at Ewaan. While it's priced at Dhs 250 per person, including soft beverages, children aged between 6 and 11 will get a 50 per cent discount.
INFO: Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, +971 4 428 7806, email: email@example.com
Fümé Pier 7 Dubai Marina and Fümé Downtown
Fümé Pier 7 will host the traditional Christmas tree-lighting ceremony on the 16 December. The popular eatery has included some of its finest, most festive dishes on the menu. The Christmas brunch offering is available from December 23 to 25 and it is priced at Dhs 195 per person. The a la carte menu will feature Christmas specials from December 20 till 26. Head down to Fümé in Pier 7 or Downtown Dubai to indulge in an incredible dining feast this Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
INFO: Fümé Pier 7 Level 1, Dubai Marina; +971 4421 5669
Fume Downtown, +971 4 4568784, www.fume-eatery.com
The Address Dubai Marina
To commemorate the holiday season within the elegant settings of the Constellation Ballroom, enjoy a special gourmet festive menu on December 24, starting from 7 pm onwards. Prices range from Dhs 345 to Dhs 645 depending upon the beverage one chooses. On December 24 and on Christmas, you can go for a festive party at Nezesaussi Dubai Marina where cuisine and beverages, originating from south of the equator, will make for a proper celebration. At Mazina, one could enjoy the brunch of this year on the Boxing Day.
INFO: Dubai Marina, +971 4 436 7777, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club
Celebrate the Eve of Christmas with a traditional roast dinner at Palermo. It’s priced at Dhs 165 per person including soft drinks, the kids menu is also available from Dhs 90 onwards. There’s also a brunch on December 25 at Palermo, starting with Dhs 375 onwards. If you are looking for Boxing Day breakfast buffet, visit Epona to unwind. The attraction here is the delightful equestrian atmosphere enhanced by views of the club’s riding arenas. The breakfast buffet starts with Dhs 99 onwards.
INFO: Next to Dubai Studio City, Al Qudra Rd, Opposite Arabian Ranches, +971 4362 7880, www.poloclubdubai.com