‘Tanushree Dutta Was Really Uncomfortable’: Assistant Director on the Sets of 'Horn OK Pleassss' Supports Her
Bollywood News

‘Tanushree Dutta Was Really Uncomfortable’: Assistant Director on the Sets of 'Horn OK Pleassss' Supports Her

Shyni Shetty who was an assistant director on the sets of the film that caused the Tanushree Dutta-Nana Patekar controversy opens up about the episode

The assistant director of the film Horn OK Pleassss has come forward to corroborate Tanushree Dutta's claim that she was harassed on the sets. Even though the producer, choreographer and director denied the incident, the junior staff on the sets are slowly coming forward to report the incidents as true.

The assistant director Shyni Shetty took to Twitter to confirm what happened to Tanushree Dutta. Here's her tweet:

Shyni then spoke to the Zoom channel to confirm that Tanushree was harassed on the sets of the channel.

Shyni also told The Indian Express, “This was an item song that we were filming in Filmistaan. A little bit of work was pending. For the first two days, we didn’t really shoot, so that day we were rehearsing. Generally, when a song is shot, there’s not much to do for the ADs because the choreographer can take care of it. We were on the set and we were all watching the rehearsals and at one point, I could clearly see that Tanushree was uncomfortable about a certain step or the way a certain step was being rehearsed. It was happening at a little distance from me so I didn’t know what exactly the conversations were but I could tell that she was really uncomfortable.”

She added that it got uncomfortable for Tanushree to a point that she walked off to the vanity van. Chatter on the set had begun about the “heroine not co-operating”.

Shyni added, “There was this chaos on the set and we didn’t know what was happening. People were going in and out. We did see the director and the producer walk in and out of her vanity van. I am not sure if I saw Nana go in her vanity van. But there were conversations on the set and this whole murmur of ‘Something’s not up. Something’s not happening. She is not cooperating.’ Then she came out and went back to the set and we thought, now the shoot would begin. However, at one point she stormed out of the set and locked herself in her vanity van. By this time, there was already a chat among people that something was wrong. My director (Rakesh Sarang) and all other people were talking in Marathi. And people were trying to pacify her, calm her down. And all we knew that she was really upset. ”

Shyni further said that after Tanushree’s parents had come to pick her up and she got into her car, a group of men attacked the car and broke its window. Dutta herself and Janice Sequeira, the journalist who was present on the sets, also have said the same thing in their statements. “Tanushree changed into her regular clothes and got into her car and suddenly you can see that Filmistaan is filled with goons. We had no clue who these people were and where they came from but they were all men. She was trying to get her car out of Filmistaan and it took her 10-15 minutes to get out because they didn’t let her move. They were banging her car. As someone, who saw this unfold, I just realised that something grave had happened,” she said.

Shyni recollected that the crew did not shoot for the next one or two days before Rakhi Sawant replaced Tanushree. She slammed the people who were asking her about how did she know that Tanushree was uncomfortable. She said, “I want to say that you can tell by looking at a person. I could tell that!”

She concluded by saying, “She was intimidated. The press was on the sets for a few days when Rakhi stepped in because this had become quite a controversial news. Everyone had something to say. Everyone wanted to label her unprofessional, while she kept giving interviews after interviews saying her side of the story.”

For all the latest entertainment news, follow us on Twitter & Instagram, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our channel on YouTube.