Ever since 2018 kicked off, after the shockingly beautiful #Virushka wedding, fans of Sonam Kapoor have been waiting to hear good news from the Kapoor camp. The family however has decided to keep tight lipped about Sonam’s wedding, and have requested guests to keep mum too. Questions regarding the wedding have been dodged at press conferences and Sonam has left no stone unturned, shutting down all the speculation surrounding her big day. However, fans refuse to take no for an answer, and the media is doing all they can, to bring fans information about the most awaited event of the year.
Here’s everything we know till now:
1. Sonam and long-time beau Anand are reportedly tying the knot on May 7th and 8th, with the main event being held at her maternal aunt’s home in Bandra. The Mumbai reception will be held at the 5-star property, Leela, which is owned by the family of Sonam’s close friend Samyukta Nair. The couple will then head to Delhi, where they’ll host guests who couldn’t make it to Mumbai, to another grand reception.
2. Both Sonam and Anand don’t believe in lavish, costly celebrations, and thus plan to keep it as simple and intimate as possible. Another reason for this is the recent untimely demise of Sridevi who hails from the Kapoor family.
3. The dance preparations for the sangeet ceremony are in full swing, with every act being choreographed by Bollywood’s favourite, Farah Khan, with the practices being held at Anil Kapoor’s residence. Filmmaker Karan Johar who is pretty close to Sonam, will be performing on her song, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
4. The Kapoor an Ahuja family had initially planned the wedding to take place in Switzerland, but since the planning was a logistical nightmare, they decided to move it to Mumbai. However, the couple are said to be taking off to Switzerland for the honeymoon! Aww!
5. Sonam Kapoor is Bollywood’s very own fashion diva and fans have been endlessly waiting to find out what she’ll be wearing on her big day. According to reports, Sonam has entrusted her wedding trousseau to three big designers- Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, Anamika Khanna and Anuradha Vakil.
6. We all know that jewellery makes up a big part of Indian weddings, and it is said that Sonam is going to don intricate jewellery made by her mum, Sunita Kapoor.
7. Many reports also suggest that Sonam and Anand have invested in a plush London apartment, where they’ll be living post marriage. All those London holidays are now finally making sense, right?
8. Besides the sangeet practice, other wedding preparations have also kicked off in full swing. The Kapoor mansion is being decorated and lit up for the big day, with Sonam’s mother, Sunita looking into each aspect of the décor.
9. Sonam Kapoor plans to continue working after marriage and will continue to run her fashion brand Rheson with her sister Rhea Kapoor.
10. Sonam will also reportedly start working 3 days after getting hitched, as she has a packed work schedule and can’t afford to slack. The actress has a few films in the pipeline including, Veere Di Wedding, The Zoya Factor and Sanju.