Shah Rukh's home attacked with flaming bottle

Shah Rukh's home attacked with flaming bottle

Actor is in London for check up
Shah Rukh's home attacked with flaming bottle

Shah Rukh Khan

Read more about Shah Rukh Khan

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan said on Friday (Feb 13) he was worried for the safety of his wife and two children after his house Mannat was attacked by unknown people who had apparently misinterpreted the lyrics of a song in just-released "Billu" and reacted.

"I got scared. I got worried about my children and wife, but they are fine. I don't think there is any place safer than my home. I'm in London for a check up. I will be back home the day after tomorrow," Shah Rukh told a TV channel over phone from London.

Clarifying the confusion about the lyrics, the actor said: "They thought we are referring to the Prophet in the song. But it has been sorted out. They have seen the film and now it's clear to them that the lyrics weren't referring to the Prophet."

A burning kerosene bottle had been thrown in the premises of his sea facing house Mannat early in the morning.

According to an officer of Bandra Police station, two men came to Shah Rukh's bungalow, at Bandra Bandstand around 2.30 a.m. They lit a bottle full of kerosene and flung it over the gates before fleeing. The security guards were caught unawares, the police said.

The police said a case was registered and they are searching for the culprits.

There was no damage to property as the flaming missile landed in the garden.

Meanwhile, Shah Rukh will ask you to "wish more" with Dish TV as the company has decided to retain the actor as its brand ambassador for another 18 months.

The company had first tied up with Shah Rukh in 2007.

"Shah Rukh is the undisputed king of Bollywood - the best in his field. He is someone who personifies style, entertainment and popularity and these values resonate perfectly with our brand attributes as well," said Salil Kapoor, COO, Dish TV.

While Dish TV, direct-to-home (DTH) service provider, has renewed its contract with the actor, media reports indicate that soft drink giant Pepsico has decided to drop him as their brand ambassador and find a new face.

Indo-Asian News Service

For daily celebrity news updates sign up for our newsletter www.masala.com/newsletter

Comments