Healthy hair requires special attention, follow these stylist approved tips for healthier hair:
- Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Well-trimmed hair will make sure the ends won’t split and your hair will thus look healthy and full of life. Trimming also makes hair simpler to style and easier to manage.
- Always remember to use a moisturizing conditioner after every wash. Skipping this could result in frizzy hair, and that’s one thing you want to avoid in the summer.
- Use cold or room temperature water while rinsing your hair. This will help close the hair cuticle and seal in the moisture from the conditioner, making your hair look shinier.
- Take extra care of wet hair! Don’t wrap your hair in a towel after washing. Instead, use a t-shirt to wrap your hair up. Since a t-shirt is light weight, it will help soak the moisture thus preventing frizzy hair. Also make sure to squeeze excess water out of your hair instead of rubbing it dry. Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet.
- Always apply protective serum before the use of a hot tool like a curling or a flat iron. If your hair still contains moisture, the heat from the iron will damage it.
- Avoid exposing your hair to heat as much as possible. Excessive use of irons can cause hair to burn.
- Deep condition your hair at least once a month. This routine will make sure your hair strands are strong and healthy.