Salman: 'No compensation to victim's family'
The actor said the family of the lady knocked down by his brother's car had disowned her
Two days ago, it was reported that actor Sohail Khan's Land Cruiser had mowed down a 70-year-old woman. While there were speculations galore about Sohail's presence in the car, now the Khan family has cleared the air. They have also stated that they won't pay compensation to the family of the woman as she had been disowned by them.
"The accident happened by mistake. I spoke to my driver and he said when he was driving, he saw something like a black polythene bag on the road, but it was the lady who was completely in black. I would request everyone not to sleep on the road," Salman told reporters at their Galaxy apartment home in Bandra on Monday.
"We are not paying any compensation to the family members of the victim as we got to know that her family had disowned her," he added.
The incident occurred around 11 pm on Sunday near St Andrew's Church when the vehicle was headed towards the home of the Khans at Bandstand.
The woman has been identified as Chandra Bala, police said. She was rushed to the Bhabha Hospital by a police constable and some autorickshaw drivers in the vicinity but died from her injuries.
Meanwhile, Sohail Khan said that he was 'shocked' when he came to know about the accident. "I was at home. I did not know what was happening. Only driver was there in the car. The car was coming home and they did not know who the family was," he told reporters.
Sohail also said that "the news has been hyped a lot". "Instead of focusing on who was in the car, people should focus on the fact that a women died. I got to know about this incident after an hour. This accident happened by mistake," he added.