Mitun De Sarkar shares the recipe for this delicious Winter Mix Vegetable and Seaweed Soup, which is perfect to fight the flu this winter.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 100g leeks finely chopped
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 spears of green asparagus
- 800ml home made chicken stock
- 1 piece of kombu seaweed, available in the Japanese section of super markets. Alternatively, you can even use nori sheets or seaweed salad greens.
- 100g fresh green peas
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh raw turmeric chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, skin on, cored and chopped into small cubes
- Heat the chicken stock with ginger, garlic and chopped turmeric and the Kombu seaweed for 15 mins. Once it is simmering add all the vegetables except the apple and cook for 7 to 10 mins.
- Add the apple towards the end and simmer for 2 to 3 mins more .
- Add salt, pepper and chillies as per taste
- Serve hot
Nutrition Information :
- Energy: 95 cals
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Fat: 3g
Twitter Follow @twitterapi