For Making Pastry Dough:
White flour Grams 300
Oil refined Ml 60
Water Ml 75-80
Ajwain Grams 5
Salt To taste
Oil For deep frying
For Making Potato Stuffing:
Potatoes Grams 500
Green peas Grams 100
Green chilli chopped Grams 5
Ginger paste Grams 10
Cumin seeds Grams 4
Red chili powder Grams 4
Asafoetida powder Grams 2
Oil refined Ml 5
Salt To taste
Garam Masala powder Grams 4
Dry mango powder Grams 5
Coriander powder Grams 5
Fresh coriander chopped Grams 10
For Making Chaat:
Boiled chickpeas Grams 250
Plain curd beaten Grams 150
Tamarind Chutney Grams 100
Green Chutney Grams 100
Roasted Cumin Powder Grams 5
Chaat Masala powder Grams 10
Onions Chopped Grams 100
Tomatoes chopped Grams 100
Chopped coriander Grams 15
Sev bhujjia Grams 50
For Making Samosa Pastry Dough:
- In a mixing bowl add flour with carom seeds and oil and mix it well for couple of minutes until the dough gets to breadcrumbs consistency.
- Add half amount of water and continue kneading the dough.
- Add the remaining water and knead the dough firm and tight. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep for rest for about 30 minutes.
For Preparing Stuffing:
- Boil potatoes and cool it down. Peel the skin and roughly chop them all.
- Boil green peas and cool it separately.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and then add chopped green chilies and ginger paste. Sauté for a while.
- Reduce the flame and add all the spices together and roast them for couple of minutes.
- Add green peas first and stir cook for another minute and then add boiled potatoes and stir it well. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes stirring the mixture time to time.
- Take off from fire and add chopped coriander and keep aside to cool for another 30-40 minutes.
For Preparing Of Samosa:
- Knead the dough once again and divide the dough in equal parts, weighing around 35-40 grams for each part.
- Roll each part flat like roti shape with the help of rolling pin to a thickness same of a roti. Cut the round shaped bread into half, straight from the center.
- Apply water to the edges of the rolled bread dough to keep them moistened. Joined the two ends of the rolled pastry dough and press firmly to all the sides to close the edges, forming a cone shape.
- Add the potato and peas stuffing pressing it down to cover maximum space. Again apple water to the remaining open edges and close them from all the sides.
- Prepare the remaining batches with the same procedure.
- In a wok heat oil to deep fry the samosas.
- Add samosa one by one to 3-4 pieces at a time. Cook over a medium fire until light brown colour from all the sides.
- Once done take out from the wok and put over the kitchen towel to drain off extra oil.
For Preparing Chaat:
- In a plate arrange two samosas each by gently smashing them.
- Add boiled chick peas and then pour over some amount of beaten curd, Tamarind and Green chutney.
- Sprinkle chopped onion, tomatoes and green coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and roasted cumin powder and finally garnish with sev bhujjia
- Serve hot.