Enjoy this Jodhpuri delicacy of poached milk dumplings soaked in rose syrup and topped with rabri and nuts.
Fresh milk 1000ml
Lime Juice 5ml
For Sugar syrup
Pistachio 10 gm
Method of cooking:
Preparation of Chena
- Heat the milk. When it starts to boil, lower the flame and add the lime juice. Stir well.
- Heat until the water separates from the milk.
- Uae a metal strainer, cover it with muslin cloth and pour the curdled milk in the strainer.
- Wash the chena well with cold water in order to make the rajbhog soft and spongy.
- Place the chena on a plate.
Preparation for Raj bhog
- To make rajbhog, knead the chena very well, make a soft and smooth dough.
- Add few drops of yellow saffron colour into the chena
- Mix and knead well.
- While the sugar syrup is boiling, put the balls into the syrup.
- Cover the pan with a tight lead and boil the rajbhog to high flame for 20 minutes.
- Put some sugar syrup over it and serve.