For Maida dough:
Baking Powder 10gm
Yellow dal 200gm
Cumin Seeds 5gm
Red chili Powder 5gm
Lemon juice 5gm
Gram flour 60gm
Mustard seed 2gm
Whole red chili 2gm
Coriander leaves 2gm
Turmeric powder 8gm
Method of cooking:
Preparation of Maida dough
- Mix baking powder and salt into the maida.
- Add the ghee/oil to the maida.
- Add water and knead it into a stiff dough.
- Rest, cover for 10 minutes.
Preparation Dal stuffing
- Add dal, salt, chili powder.
- Sauté until brown.
- Add about 1/4 cup water and cook till dal is cooked.
- Mix the lemon juice and keep aside.
- Press the edges and place little filling into the center.
- Bring the wet edges together, covering the filling completely.
- Deep-fry the kachoris, first over high heat, then over medium heat letting it cook through perfectly.
Preparation for kadhi
- In a large mixing bowl, mix curd, besan, turmeric, chili powder, salt, 1 cup of water and set aside.
- On a separate bowl, mix oil, mustard seed, red chili and curry leaves.
- Add besan-curd mixture and cook for 15 minutes.
- This mixture will start to thicken.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.