- 5 Eggs (Yolks and whites separated)
- 1/3rd Cup rum
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Cream
- 2/3rd cup Sugar
- 1/4th Cup Milk
- 1/4th tsp Cream of Tartar
- 10 Candied Cherries
- ½ cup Cashewnuts or almonds, chopped pistachio nuts and raspberries to garnish
- Mix the well-beaten egg yolks together with 1/4th cup sugar and milk until thick
- Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the rum, lemon juice, cream and one tbsp. sugar until thick in a separate bowl.
- Combine the cream and egg yolk mixtures. Keep chilled.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Add half cup sugar gradually beating well until stiff and glossy.
- Add the cashew nuts and candied cherries to the cream mixture .
- Pour the cream into the egg whites, folding it in gently.
- Serve in small glass cups or ice cream cups. Chill for four hours.
- Decorate with raspberries or silver pistachios.
(Note: do not make this the previous night as it does not remain fluffy for long).
Twitter Follow @twitterapi