For Making of Poori:
Semolina Grams 160
Cooking soda Grams 3
Flour refined Grams 20
Water Ml 75
Salt Grams 3
Oil refined Ml 5
Oil For deep frying
For Pani (Jal Jeera Water):
Water Lts 2
Mint leaves Grams 150
Coriander leaves Grams 150
Green chilies Grams 6
Ginger chopped Grams 15
Chaat masala powder Grams 10
Roasted cumin powder Grams 10
Black salt Grams 8
Tamarind pulp Grams 50
Jaggery Grams 50
Boondi Grams 50
For Stuffing The Poori:
Potatoes, boiled Grams 100
Brown chickpeas boiled Grams 50
Cumin powder roasted Grams 5
Chaat masala powder Grams 5
Red chili powder Grams 3
Coriander chopped Grams 10
Salt To taste
Making of Poori:
- In a mixing bowl ad semolina with salt and oil and gently for few minutes until mixed completely.
- Add flour and continue mixing it. Add half amount of water and start to knead the dough. Continue adding water till the dough is prepared in a semi soft consistency. Keep the dough to rest for half an hour covering with wet muslin cloth.
- Dived the dough in two equal parts and roll the dough with a thickness same as of rolling roti.
- Take a medium cookie cutter, roughly around 3-4 cms diameter and cut the small shaped poori’s from the rolled dough.
- Arrange the small poori’s on top of butter sheet covered with wet muslin cloth.
- Collect separately the remaining dough from the rolled sheet to be used again.
- Continue the steps of making small poori’s till all of them are done.
- In a separate wok, heat oil for deep frying over a medium-high flame.
- Add poori’s to the hot oil in batches and prepare fluffy pooris, cooking both the sides and strain them properly using kitchen towel to drain off extra oil.
- Fry all the poori’s to golden brown colour and keep aside.
Making of Pani:
- In a blender add all the ingredients except for water and boondi, blend them all together to form a smooth paste. Strain the puree through a fine strainer and add to the water.
- Refrigerate the water for at least 2 hours before using.
- Prepare in a separate bowl the potato stuffing by adding all the ingredients together and mix them well.
- Add boondi to the prepared pani before serving.
- Take a poori and make a hole on top of the poori using your thumb or finger.
- Add small amount of potato stuffing and pour in the prepared pani.
- Serve chilled.