Recipe of the Day: Dahi Batata Puri
We snuck out this recipe from the kitchens of Antique Bazaar at Four Points By Sheraton Bur Dubai that is currently hosting a special Chaat Bazaar
Potatoes boiled Grams 200
Onions chopped Grams 50
Tomatoes chopped Grams 50
Coriander leaves Grams 10
Curd beaten Grams 150
Green Chutney Grams 125
Tamarind chutney Grams 125
Gol Gappas Pcs 30
Sev Bhujjia Grams 200
Red chili powder Grams 4
Chaat masala powder Grams 10
Cumin powder roasted Grams 6
Black salt To taste
For Sweet Tamarind Chutney:
Tamarind pulp Grams 100
Jaggery Grams 75
Red chili powder Grams 3
Fennel seeds Grams 3
Dates, pitted Pcs 6
Salt To taste
Water To make a thick consistency
For Green Chutney:
Mint leaves Grams 100
Coriander leaves Grams 50
Green Chilies Grams 10
Lemon Juice Ml 10
Ginger Paste Grams 5
Salt To taste
To Make Sweet Tamarind Chutney:
- In a little amount of water add all the ingredients and bring to a smooth consistency.
- Keep it cool for few minutes and ready to serve.
- Adjust the thickness by adding water if required
To Make Green Chutney:
- In a grinder add all the ingredients and blend them to a smooth paste.
- Adjust by adding a little water to a thick consistency.
- Cool off the boiled potatoes, peel and chop them into small cubes. Keep aside.
- Break the pooris from the top and arrange 6 pieces each on each plate.
- Stuffed the pooris with chopped potatoes. Add chopped onion and tomatoes on top of the pooris.
- Pour the beaten curd on top of every poori and after with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle on top chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder and black salt.
- Sprinkle evenly sev bhujjia to every stuffed poori with a thick layer and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately!