Ramadan Recipes: Couscous and Chicken Salad
If you feel like a salad today.......
Couscous and Chicken Salad
50ml chicken stock
100ml tomato juice
10g cucumber (diced)
10g tomato (diced)
10g onion (diced)
5g parsley (chopped)
5g coriander leaves (chopped)
5g mint leaves (chopped)
5g red pepper (diced)
5g green pepper (diced)
5g yellow pepper (diced)
100g chicken breast (boiled and diced)
5g pine nuts
10ml lemon juice
10ml olive oil
• Toss raw cous cous with the salt and pepper and the olive oil in a bowl and set aside.
• Re-heat the chicken stock and combine with the tomato juice in a pot.
• Pour contents into the flat bowl, which contains the couscous; immediately cover tightly with cling film and leave for about thirty minutes.
• Open and carefully scrape contents with a dinner fork; then, transfer contents into a mixing bowl and leave them to cool.
• Mix all the listed ingredients in the bowl with lemon juice and olive
Serve the mixture in salad bowls with some mixed pickle on the side