1kg whole chicken
500g American rice
20ml olive oil
100g onions (chopped)
50g yellow capsicum (cubes)
50g red capsicum (cubes)
50g green capsicum (cubes)
1tsp cumin powder
1tsp cinnamon powder
½tsp turmeric powder
½tsp white pepper
Few drops Tabasco chilli sauce
20g fried onions
• Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes and then strain it well.
• Heat some olive oil and butter; add the chopped onions and cubes of yellow, red and green capsicum.
• Add the rice and allow to sweat for three minutes until the grains become transparent.
• Add the cumin powder, cinnamon powder, salt, paprika and the turmeric powder; pour the water and stir until it starts boiling. Cover and keep cooking for 15 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius; rinse the chicken and dry it very well with paper towels, inside and out.
• Salt and pepper the cavity of the bird.
• Season the outside to taste with salt and pepper.
• Place the chicken in a roasting pan and put it in the oven.
• Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes until it is done.
• Baste the chicken with the juices and let it rest for 15
Place the rice in the dinner plate with the chicken on top.
Garnish with the fried onions and pistachio nuts on the top.
Serve with Tabasco chilli sauce on the side.