1. Those lightening moves that gallop along the grooves are self-made. The only teacher Prabhu has ever known is his father choreographer Mugur Sunder who taught Prabhu Bharat Natyam.
Prabhu Deva dancing with his father
2. The mother-son relationship between Prachi Shah and Varun Dhawan in ABCD2 was based on Prabhu’s rapport with his father.
3. He shot to fame as a choreographer, then as an actor and now as a filmmaker in Tamil and then in Hindi. Prabhu’s idols are Michael Jackson and Rajnikanth. He loves massy movies as much as streetwise dance moves. Hates pretentious art.
4. Shy to the point of being non-communicative, Prabhu Deva doesn’t talk. He mumbles. And that too only when spoken to.
5. He loves the simple things of life. Hates to eat. To call Prabhu a frugal eater would be an understatement. Prabhu doesn’t eat. He nibbles on food.
6. The biggest setback and the tragedy that changed Prabhu’s life was the death of his eldest son. It changed Prabhu’s perspective on life. And destroyed his marriage.
Prabhu Deva with his ex-wife and family
7. The only scandal in his life was the alleged affair with Tamil actress Nayanthara which rocked Chennai and ended when her career began to get affected by the relationship.
Prabhu Deva with Nayanthara
8. Nayanthara apart, Prabhu has been in no relationship after the separation from his wife. Lives as frugally in Mumbai as a monk.
9. His only friend in Mumbai is Boney Kapoor. Prabhu doesn’t go out to parties, neither does he socialize. He goes to sleep early when not working. Friends call him the male Rekha.
10. Prabhu wrapped up all his acting assignments this year before plunging into directing Salman Khan in Dabangg 3 this week. This is his third directorial collaboration with Sonakshi Sinha and his second directorial with Salman after Wanted which changed the course of Salman's career.