Oil Pulling Benefits For Better Oral Hygiene and How You Can Do It
Oil pulling is an ancient common practice that is known to kill bacteria in the mouth and improve dental health as well as treat several diseases.
In an era of new-age practice, the world is still abuzz about an ancient one, the oil pulling method. The mouth offers a sanctuary to number of bacteria, viruses, and fungi that pose a threat to our oral hygiene and general health. The oil acts as a cleanser by hauling out these nasties before they get a chance to spread. While it's not entirely clear how oil pulling works, it's claimed to "pull" bacteria from the mouth. It may also help by moisturizing your gums and increasing saliva production, which can reduce bacteria.
How Does Oil Pulling Work?
- It frees up the immune system by reducing stress and internal inflammation.
- Helps reduce bad breath
- Boosts energy
- Prevents heart diseases,
- Treat allergies,
- Reduces headaches
- Treats acne
- It partly aids in weight loss.
How To Do Oil Pulling
1. Take one tablespoon of oil you are using (cold pressed and organic sesame, coconut, or olive oil.)
2. Swish it around your mouth for at least 10 to 15 minutes while ensuring you do not swallow any.
3. Once spit out, rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm salt water to remove oil residues out.
4. Lastly, brush your teeth if you want.
5. It recommended keeping two separate toothbrushes, one to be used after oil pulling and one separate for regular tooth brushing.
Some studies suggest that oil pulling may improve both gum health and oral hygiene but it should be noted that it should not be used in place of traditional oral hygiene practices, such as brushing your teeth, flossing, getting routine cleanings and consulting your dentist regarding any oral hygiene problems.Yet when used as a supplementary treatment, oil pulling may be a safe and effective natural remedy to improve your oral health.