The millennial groom is very certain that he wants to look different and futuristic yet for his special day he wants to keep the look subtle enough to complement the bride. As a couple it’s important to portray a balanced look which also signifies they are ready to balance each other’s lives as yin and yang. The major style concerns should be - on point grooming that includes fresh hair, clean hands, trimmed beaded or clean shaven look and hydrated skin and lips. He must go for a classic detail oriented look as opposed to being over-the-top. Thus it’s essential to make a signature statement, as the overall image of the couple is crucial.
THREE TIPS TO MAKE A DRAMATIC STYLE STATEMENT… A LA ANAND AHUJA
Anand Ahuja, Sonam Kapoor’s husband made a huge statement when he wore trainers at his wedding. Personally I was not a huge fan of his choice of shoes as it did not complement his outfit nor the occasion. Every occasion comes with its expectations, for example one will not be seen wearing a business suit to a picnic! Hence one should avoid making such dramatic statement especially on such a special day.
If one truly wants to make a dramatic yet well styled statement go for the following -
- Wear a fresh new shade for the outfit like a Lavender, Peach or Lemon Green to stand out.
- Go for out of the box unexpected bold stripes or checks. I appreciated Sonam’s look as she chose chevron print lehenga. That was bold yet it kept the look in line with the occasion’s requirement.
- Accessorise differently - Wear a bold pagri. Instead of traditional red or Indian print, go for a Tiger or Zebra print. Carry a stole with a Bandhgala suit in a bright shade like a teal colour with a white bandgala. These ideas will make a statement along with respecting the basic norms the occasion.
IDEAL OUTFITS FOR THE NEW-AGE GROOM FOR…
- Sangeet - Contemporary sherwani or a kurta with Nehru Jacket
- Cocktail - Smart suit with a crisp shirt or a double breast suit without a tie.
- Main Ceremony - Traditional Sherwani
- Reception - Classic Tuxedo or a Bandhgala suit.
HOW TO ADD A TRADITIONAL TOUCH
We are blessed with some of the finest jewelled buttons and accessories from Jaipur and other states of India. One can easily add a traditional pocket square or Kundan cuff links to the shirt. A long traditional red tikka with rice on his forehead can do the magic in the most subtle manner.
MUST HAVE ACCESSORIES FOR THE GROOM
Apart from his main events outfits, he must be ready with a wardrobe for a few days considering the guests start arriving early and the meet and greet starts at times two days before the main events. He must ensure he is ready with some nice dinner jackets , shirts and trousers for brunch , shorts and breezy shirts for the pool side sundowners ,smart yet comfortable nightwear for the after parties.
COLOURS FOR THE WEDDING SEASON
The groom requires each outfit’s colour to be planned in conjunction with the bride’s outfit, weather, location, decor colors, theme and lighting. Trending colours include Purple, Maroon , Bottle Green , Lavender , Champagne Gold , Navy as well as Powder blue.
VAROIN MARWAH COLLECTION FOR GROOMS
A Varoin Marwah groom gets a complete solution once I meet him to gain every detail about the event. I understand his personality and focus on enhancing to his existing persona. My collection for grooms contain a variety of outfits in contemporary fashion. You can find some signature Tuxedos which come with the shoes. Bandhgala suits with contemporary embroidery, stripes and various other patterned sherwanis and classic sherwanis. Besides the colour and design, I pay particular attention to the fit and never compromise on the quality of the fabrics. I believe a good fit does justice to the design and highly enhances the personality of the groom and provides a sense of confidence.