Singer-model Meesha Shafi on Monday challenged the legislative leader of Punjab in the Lahore High Court (LHC) for dismissing her review appeal because of the ombudsperson's requests. The Punjab ombudsperson had before put aside Shafi's case — when she made charges of lewd behavior against Ali Zafar — saying she was never a representative of the supposed harasser.
The LHC summoned the attorneys of the two parties to contend their case.
Shafi's legal team said it was anything but essential for lewd behavior professes to have a business worker connection between the survivor and the predator. The provincial ombudsperson can be reached if there is an instance of inappropriate behavior at working environment, they included.
Shafi's legal team also said that they appeal the LHC to control the Punjab governor's dismissal of her review appeal to be invalid. Earlier, Meesha had appeared on noted television anchor Shahzeb Khanzada's show and spoke up about the allegations. Here is a summary of what she spoke about to Shahzeb Khanzada.
1. Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar were under contract to perform together on a certain show.
2. Meesha and her husband had let an 'incident' go and had moved on from some inappropriate behavior that Ali Zafar had shown towards Meesha. Meesha initially said she decided to 'forgive and forget'.
3. Meesha had not planned to talk about this incident.
4. A situation arose where Ali Zafar and Meesha Shafi had to be in the same space together in a 'highly interactive' way. This is what lead Meesha to speak about this incident after a long time.
5. Ali Zafar had said earlier that Meesha should have spoken to Ali Zafar's wife. Meesha had requested and messaged through PR experts that kindly ask Ali Zafar to step down because she cannot work with him. Ali Zafar had responded, said Meesha, that he wants Meesha to come to Ali Zafar's house. Meesha said that she could consider an apology but Ali Zafar changed his stance later.
6. Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar had gone to have a practise on Ali Zafar's property with Ali Zafar's team. Meesha said she did not know a lot of people in that team.
7. Meesha Shafi says she has many witnesses against Ali Zafar.