Masala! Five Spices: Kangana Ranaut-Rajkummar Rao's 'Mental Hai Kya' Poster, Vicky Kaushal's Injury and More!
This week in Masala Five Spices Lekha Menon and Mahwash Ajaz discuss Kangana Ranaut and Rajkummar Rao's 'Mental Hai Kya' poster, Ajay Devgn film 'De De Pyar De' and social media moments
Each week in Masala Five Spices, we discuss the latest headlines and controversies of the week. This past week was an eventful one. Here is what went on in Masala! Five Spices this week!
• Top Headline
- Rajkummar Rao and Kangana Ranaut’s film Mental Hai Kya has gotten a ‘notice’ from the Indian Psychiatric Society about it being degrading and stigmatizing for those suffering from mental health issues. https://www.masala.com/kangana-ranaut-and-rajkummar-raos-mental-hai-kya-...
- Ajay Devgn has responded to the MeToo controversy about casting Alok Nath in his film ‘De De Pyaar De’. This film is directed by Luv Ranjan who has also given us films such as Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety. Vinta Nanda alleged that Alok Nath had raped her back in the day. Alok Nath denies the charges but many people, including Rangoli Chandel and MeToo champion Tanushree Dutta have spoken up about it.
- Vicky Kaushal was injured recently and broke his cheekbone in 3 places. However, the star is recuperating well.
• Social Media Moment
- Vicky Kaushal shared a throwback pic of his childhood. Aww! https://www.instagram.com/p/BwedTdjJiF7/
• Movie chat
- Did you check out Bharat’s movie posters? The film is to be releasing in June.
- Kalank is also doing well internationally
• Song chat
- Watch SOTY 2 song and then watch Lekha and Mahwash’s take on it.
• Event in Dubai
- Masala Movie Night is happening on April 22nd at Novo Cinemas in Ibn e Batutah Mall where a few lucky winners will get the chance to watch the film with Team Masala. The event is brought to you by Fuji Film, Noor Oil and Novo Cinemas.