Lok Sabha Elections 2019: 5 Bollywood Actors Who Might Help Tip the Scale
Lok Sabha Elections 2019 are underway and here are five Bollywood actors who might tip the scale
Elections are on their way in India and there are certain regional actors and Bollywood actors who are expected to tip the scales this year when the results will be announced. Here are five actors who are our favourite candidates, this election year. Please note that all of them are first-time candidates at the polls, this year. Sunny Deol, Urmila Matondkar, Nusrat Jahan, Mimi Chakraborty, and Prakash Raj are expected to tip the scales for their respective parties. All of them have had considerable influences and their fan bases are huge which may lead to people deciding in their parties' favor.
1. Sunny Deol: Sunny Deol has already got a huge response in Punjab and he is expected to get a mandate in Gurdaspur from where he is contesting elections. The actor also stated earlier that despite the rumors, there would be no Gadar sequel coming soon.
2. Urmila Matondkar: She is a candidate for the Mumbai North Lok Sabha seat. Given the huge and roaring response that she has got from her voters, every pundit is putting her as the favorite in this race. She is supporting Congress in the elections.
3. Nusrat Jahan: Bengali actress and leading Bengali model, Nusrat Jahan will contest elections for the first time in 2019. She is contesting from a seat at North 24 Parganas in Bengal.
4. Mimi Chakraborty: Active in Bengali cinema since 2008, Mimi is contesting from Jadavpur, a very important seat in West Bengal.
5. Prakash Raaj: Bollywood villain Prakash Raj is contesting the 2019 general elections from Bengaluru Central as an independent candidate. He is tipped as a favourite too.
Smriti Irani, Raj Babbar, Hema Malini, Jaya Pradha and Shatrugan Sinha are also among the Bollywood stars who are contesting elections. These are actors from a previous generation who have stepped foot in politics. The younger generation, such as Kangana Ranaut and Akshay Kumar, have a lot to say about politics but have not been fielded by a party. Yet. There is a big possibility that this might change once they decide to bid goodbye to Bollywood and enter politics. The Lok Sabha elections in India are one of the largest democratic exercises in the world with several parties and candidates.