Ranveer Singh’s latest movie Simmba is just a few steps away from entering the Rs 200 crore club. According to a report in Hindustan Times, the film made Rs 196 crore in just 11 days!
Here are all the records the film has broken so far:
1. Simmba is the biggest opener of Ranveer Singh’s career. The film opened with Rs 20.72 crores on Day 1 while Padmaavat opened with Rs 18 crore on Day 1.
2. Simmba is Rohit Shetty’s third most successful film. The movie is preceded by Chennai Express and Golmaal Again. Dilwale also made Rs 400 crore but a majority of that collection was from overseas markets
3. Simmba is the 13th film of 2018 to cross the Rs 100 crore mark. It is followed by Sanju, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, Padmaavat, Raid, Baaghi 2, Raazi, Race 3, Gold, Stree, Badhaai Ho, Thugs of Hindostan and 2.0.
4. Simmba will be the third film of 2018 to enter the Rs 200 crore club. The only other two films are Sanju and Padmaavat.
5. Simmba is Sara’s most successful film. Two movies in her kitty so far and Sara Ali Khan has managed to be a part of a Rs 100 crore movie already!
6. Simmba is Rohit’s eighth movie to make it to the 100 crore club. He is the only Bollywood director to deliver eight Rs 100 crore hits.
7. Simmba is Ranveer most successful solo movie. While Padmaavat was clearly Deepika Padukone’s film, Simmba was ruled by Ranveer.
8. Simmba is Ranveer Singh’s second most successful film. 2018 also gave Ranveer his most successful movie ever, Padmaavat. It made Rs 525 crore worldwide. Simmba has also already crossed the lifetime business of Bajirao Mastani.
Simmba is directed by Rohit Shetty and tells the story of a corrupt cop who decides to follow the path of righteousness after a life-changing incident. The film also stars Sara Ali Khan as the film’s female lead.