Ankur and Priyanka Modi, a dynamic team have driven their label AM: PM into a serious fashion force! AM: PM has been building its brand across the major cities in India and now they are ready to showcase their line which presents 'Noor' portraying ‘Filigree’ Art in Dubai.
The inspiration of this collection is the artistic study of shapes, shadow, reflection and colour. It symbolizes the existential distance between man & divine, epitomizes the adorned canvas of celestial strings and the dancing glow in the first dewdrops of dawn.
“To beautifully portray our inspiration onto our designs, we chose to use one of the most fascinating arts still in existence today ‘Filigree’, reflects Priyanka Modi. It involves painstakingly twisting silver and gold metal threads into extremely intricate lace-like patterns to make the most delicate pieces of jewellery. We’ve taken that and done it on clothes.”
Techniques range from hand-embroidering metal sequins to screen printing to applique which are used to enhance the easy fluidic silhouettes. Colours like luminescent lime is widely used across the collection depicting vibrancy and life, whilst the elegant black & white is used to reflect the extremities of the collection’s muse – ‘Light’.
Time to shop the wardrobe-worthy designs for the upcoming festival season!
• Women Empowerment - NUMAISH provides an opportunity to talented women designers with limited resources to showcase their designs in a global market and pave their paths into the international fashion industry.
• Reviving Tradition - Over the years Numaish has become renowned for supporting Revivalist Designers who have ensured that traditional hand-woven textiles are infused with a modern blend to appeal to the younger generation. Their creations are known to have made a significant economic impact in the villages of India.
• Promoting Talent - Numaish has been the first to launch a path-breaking initiative in the Exhibition Scenario - the “Numaish® Talent Hunt”. This continuous endeavour gives emerging designers a platform to showcase their creations alongside well-established Designers providing them a head start in their Careers.
INFO: Free entry, 11 AM-8 PM, March 8 and 9, Shangri La Hotel, Dubai.
- Friday, March 22, 2019 - 14:00 to Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 00:00
- Friday, March 22, 2019 - 16:00 to Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 00:00
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 10:00 to 20:00