Ellen Pompeo from Grey’s Anatomy: Top Twenty Quotes by One of the Highest-Paid Actresses in the World
Ellen Pompeo is an American actress, producer, and director famous for portraying the title character Dr. Meredith Grey on Grey’s Anatomy
Ellen Pompeo, the famous Dr. Meredith Grey from Grey’s Anatomy, is fifty years old today. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in the world as she signed $20 million annual contract with the American British Broadcasting Company in 2017. Ellen Pompeo started her career with modeling for the famous beauty brans Loreal. She made her television debut with NBC’s legal drama ‘Law & Order’. She starred in the romantic comedy film ‘Coming Soon’ which was her debut for the big screen. Ellen Pompeo rose to fame with Moonlight Mile but her most famous work has certainly been her portrayal of the title character Dr. Meredith Grey in the famous television show Grey’s Anatomy. Ellen Pompeo has also directed two episodes of Grey’s Anatomy.
Here are some of the most famous quotes by Ellen Pompeo or Dr. Meredith Grey from Grey’s Anatomy.
- The reality is that pain is there to tell us something.
- You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations because the expected is just what keeps us steady. The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives.
- Failure is inevitable, unavoidable. But failure should never get the last word. You have to hold on to what you want.
- We can’t take back what we’ve done. We can’t undo the past because the future keeps coming at us.
- There’s an end to every storm.
- The key to progress is to recognize how to take that very first step. Then you start your journey. You hope for the best. You stick with it, day in, and day out.
- Nobody ever said it’d be easy.
- At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don’t keep other people out; they fence you in. Life’s mess, that’s how we are made.’
- Not everybody has to be happy all the time. That’s not mental health. That's crap.
- You’re letting her think you're emotionally available. You’re letting her think she has a chance. And there is nothing worse in the world than thinking you have a chance when you really don’t.
- We are adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?
- If you want to be a shark, be a shark. Do not apologize for it.
- Some wounds, we carry with us everywhere. And although the cut is long gone, the pain still lingers.
- Some things, we just have to learn over and over, again and again.
- If you knew this was your last day on earth. How would you want to spend it?
- Too much of anything, even love, is not a good thing.
- At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don’t really expect it.
- The length of your recovery is determined by the extent of your injuries. And it’s not always successful.
- Sometimes the most important history is the history we’re making today.
- No matter how badly a thing is hurting us, sometimes letting it go hurts even more.
Ellen Pompeo has been always been a strong supporter of equal pay rights. She is among the richest television actresses making $20million a year with Grey’s Anatomy but it did not come without struggle. She went to the higher authorities of ABC to tell them that she deserved more. According to Ellen Pompeo, ‘When your face and your voice have been part of something that’s generated $3 billion for one of the biggest corporations in the world, you start to feel like, ‘Okay, maybe I do deserve a piece of this.’ Ellen Pompeo also owns a production company.