Did you Know? Simi Garewal and Rani Mukerji Are Related!
We give you eight Bollywood relationships that you probably were never aware of!
1. BACHCHANS AND KAPOORS ARE RELATED
Amitabh Bachchan’s daughter Shweta is married to Raj Kapoor’s daughter, Ritu Kapoor Nanda’s son, making the Bachchans and Kapoors relatives. Amitabh’s granddaughter, Navya Naveli is Ranbir Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor’s niece.
2. SIMI GAREWAL IS RANI MUKERJI’S SISTER-IN-LAW
Simi Garewal is Pamela Chopra’s niece and Aditya and Uday Chopra’s first cousin, making Rani her bhabhi.
3. FARHAN & ZOYA AKHTAR AND FARAH & SAJID KHAN ARE FIRST COUSINS
Honey Irani (Farhan and Zoya’s Mother) and Menaka Irani (Farah and Sajid’s mother) and Daisy Irani are real sisters.
4. SHABANA AZMI IS TABU’S AUNT
Yes, Tabu and her sister, Farah Naaz are veteran actress Shabana Azmi’s nieces.
5. PURAB KOHLI, SHEKHAR KAPUR AND DEV ANAND ARE RELATED
Director Shekhar Kapur is the nephew of yesteryear’s superstar, Dev Anand. Actor Purab Kohli of Rock On fame is Shekhar’s nephew.
6. KARAN JOHAR AND THE CHOPRAS ARE COUSINS
Everyone knows that Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra are not only good friends, but also cousins. What you might not know is that he has other cousins as well, including Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Ramanand Sagar and Ravi Chopra.
7. AMRITA RAO IS RELATED TO THE LATE GURU DUTT
One of the most celebrated filmmakers of all time, Guru Dutt is related to Amrita Rao. Amrita’s grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
8. MANI RATNAM AND KAMAL HASSAN ARE RELATED BY MARRIAGE
Director of movies like Dil Se and Guru, Mani Ratnam is married to Suhasini, who is Kamal Hassan’s brother’s daughter.