Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe for the Fitness Freaks
Check out this recipe for cauliflower crust pizza that is sure to soothe your cravings while also being totally healthy!
There are times when you just want to let your guards loose and live in the moment. Pizza, by far is one of the yummiest cheat meals that can be devoured any day given. On those days, cauliflower pizza crust which is super low on carbs and super high on satisfaction comes to your rescue. It is higher in fiber, lower in calories and carbs. One regular slice of cheese pizza can be around 500 calories and contain 35 grams of carbs. One slice of cauliflower crust pizza is 120 calories and only 6g carbs! Yumm!!with this amount of calories count for 12’ pizza, this is something worth trying.
Here's the recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
1 head white cauliflower
1/2 cup low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ tsp pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 230C or 450F.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine and you can get almost 2.5 cup of grated cauliflower. Steam in a steamer basket for a few minutes and Let it cool.
3. Place the steamed cauliflower on a clean muslin cloth and ring out as much water as you can. Repeat several times.
4. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine cauliflower, mozzarella, parmesan,red chilli powder oregano, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and eggs.
5 Mix it up, create the flour for the crust.
6. Roll it out into a 1/4 inch thick circle on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Carefully move the crust to a pizza stone or the pizza oven and bake for 15 minutes.
7. For the toppings you can boil one chicken boneless piece. After its nicely boiled,toss some spices to cook it: Garlic Powder (1 tsp), Ginger Powder (1/4 tsp), Red Chilli Powder (1/4 tsp), Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tbsp), Paprika (1/4 tsp), Salt & Pepper (1/4 tsp each) and cook it till nice aroma comes out. Chop up 1 capsicum. I used 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow. Now put layers of toppings like chicken capsicum mashrooms and cheese along with oregano and toss it in oven one more time. Once the cheese melts, you’re good to go.
Cauliflower provides some powerful health benefits. It is a great source of nutrients, including a few that many people need more of. Plus, cauliflower contains unique antioxidants that may reduce inflammation and protect against several diseases, such as cancer and heart disease. What's more, cauliflower is easy to add your diet. It's tasty, easy to prepare and can replace high-carb foods in several recipes.