Akshay Kumar is one of the most famous artists in the Hindi film industry today. He continuously endeavors to deliver his best, which is evident through all the movies he has worked in. While delivering excellent performances on screen, Akshay continues to shine in his life outside the lime light. Here are some of Akshay’s most famous quotes relating to life, love, family and the Hindi film industry.
1. "Superstars come and go. I want to make sure I am always a producer's actor. I may be refused to be called a great actor but I have never troubled any of my producers in my life. Honesty always catches the camera, and that is what my strength is."
2. "Youth is a lifestyle; it's not a blessing from God. If we treat our bodies as if they are not the most precious things we possess, then obviously we will show wear and tear. We're like a good pair of jeans. If we take care of them, they'll remain classic forever, but if we batter and abuse them they'll look like tattered old rags."
3. "No one has got close enough to use or abuse me, and even if they did, I wouldn't get too emotional about it. The only thing I ever get emotional about is my family. I am kind to everyone but I trust no one. That keeps me from getting hurt."
4. "Playing a prisoner of war trapped in Pakistan for three years was a novelty for me. We made sure that we didn't talk about India versus Pakistan but about the emotions of people on both sides and how terrorism affects us all."
5. "Journalists ask me all the time, 'Akshay, do you believe in the numbers game?' My standard response: 'I can't count, that's why I have producers and accountants who calculate for me. As long as I have them in my life, I don't need to worry about numbers!'"
6. "I always check my harness before I do a stunt; I test-drive the cars I have to race or explode; I'm present at all pyrotechnical rehearsals; and I walk through everything step-by-step. No man should put their life in someone else's hands unless they have covered their own safety from all angles."
7. "I like working with South Indian directors because they are very disciplined. They visualize their entire story and screenplay in their heads even before they start shooting, which I respect. They finish their work on time. Being a disciplinarian myself, this suits my style."
8. "I joined Khalsa College just opposite Don Bosco in class XI, but soon I quit studies and was sent to Bangkok by my father to learn martial arts, as that is the only place we could afford given that I would also work there to support my training."
9. "If you are in Bangkok, you will find that people there will never speak to you without joining their hands. It's not that they are speaking to you like that because you are tourists. They even speak at their home like that."
10. "Bachchan has been in the film industry over 35 years and he is the real king. There are many who are around for 15-20 years and like to call themselves king. There is only one king and he is Amitabh Bachchan."
11. "Always think twice before you decide to do anything for a film. It may seem like a career-changing idea, but think of your family and your future before doing anything risky. Train properly, because looking strong and being strong are two different things."
12. "There's absolutely nothing irrational about me; insane, yes, irrational, no. But my dumbest fear would be spinning in the magic tea cups. Who the hell wants to pay to spin around like a bent yoyo for laughs?"
13. "On every birthday, I ask my wife, 'What would you like this year?' and her instant reply is, 'Diamonds! Diamonds! Diamonds!' I'm always living in hope that one day she'll say she just wants me!"
14. "It takes two hands to clap! I cannot be solely blamed for what happened in my relationships! If things soured, it happened because of both parties. Not just me!"
15. "It feels wonderful to be going back to the 1940s and recreate the whole era through my clothes, voice and body language. I am tired of playing the larger-than-life hero."
Akshay Kumar, who recently joined the Forbes' list of World's Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2019, is the only Indian to be on the list. He has left many international stars from Hollywood behind like Rihanna, Jackie Chan, Bradley Cooper and Scarlett Johansson. According to Forbes’ magazine's official website, the 51-year-old actor holds the 33rd rank in the list and has earned 65 million USD in the last one year--from June 2018 to June 2019. Taapsee Pannu, who will be starring alongside the daredevil, Akshay Kumar in the upcoming film Mission Mangal, took To Twitter to shower her co-star with praise and admiration for his accomplishments and ended her tweet in a comical manner. "Inspiring, deserving and truly one of the best we have around. @akshaykumar Bas sir ab sharing and caring ki baari hai," Taapsee joked, sharing the news of his incredible feat. Akshay Kumar is known for his daredevil stunts and meticulous routine.