The promos of the forthcoming TV series Yudh have left audiences guessing the actual story of the show. If you are curious about what Amitabh Bachchan’s debut fiction show here are a few pointers:
1) The narrative will centre on the division of the business empire of the show's protagonist, Amitabh Bachchan. Amitabh Bachchan plays Yudhisthir Sikarwar aka Yudh, the owner of a construction company
2) Amitabh has two wives. The first wife is named Gauri, essayed by veteran actress Sarika, with whom he has one daughter Taruni, a role played by Aahana Kumra. Yudh's second wife is called Nayantara and Ayesha Raza will be seen in this role
3) From Nayantara, Yudh has a son named Rishi, portrayed by Pavail Gulati. When Yudh comes to know about his illness, he wants to give his empire to Taruni. But Nayantara wants it to be divided and given to Rishi also. It's the 'yudh' (battle) of this empire," said the source
4) Co-produced by Amitabh's production company Saraswati Creations with Endemol India, Yudh is being promoted as a "first of its own kind" TV series.
5) Anurag Kashyap is on board as its creative director, Shoojit Sircar as creative consultant and Ribhu Dasgupta as its director. The much-awaited show is due to premiere Monday on Sony Entertainment Television. The finite series will then air every Monday to Thursday at 10:30 p.m.