The 5th Masala! Awards 2012 was indeed a night to remember. Here are our top ten moments:
1) The Yash Chopra tribute. The entire tribute first started with memorable scenes from Yash Chopra movies from 'Silsila' and 'Lamhe' to 'Chandni'. Karisma Kapoor's glorious and graceful dance performance was simply superb.
2) When Ayushmann first started walking on stage, he was surrounded by ladies wearing gold and walked the aisle to the red carpet singing the super hit song he composed 'Paani Da' from 'Vicky Donor'.
3) Manish Malhotra's spectacular fashion show. The entire stage was transformed into a magnificent fashion runway with a gorgeous black and white projection of a Grecian temple with pillars. From backless sheer outfits to magnificent flowing lehengas and sherwanis, Manish showed us again why he is so celebrated.
4) Gauhar Khan's energetic and sexy performance. From her superhit 'Chokra Jawan' and 'Challa' to hip-hop, Gauhar showed her talent and had the crowd clapping for more.
5) Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar's presence at the awards. Mrs Azmi was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Awards in 2011 and could not make it because of a fractured shoulder. It was wonderful to see her at the Masala! Awards this year and have her present a number of awards.
6) The Masala! Awards 2012 Judges' messages. Each of our nine judges shared what they thought of the process and how thorough and enjoyable, inspiring and challenging the journey was.
7) The Lifetime award recipient Dr Zulekha Daud going on stage. She is indeed a role model for the world over and to see her receive this accolade was heartwarming indeed.
8) The Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor models swathed in grandoise clothing strutting through the awards. Jewelled and encrusted with the most decadent couture, they were quite the stunning sight.
9) Ayushmann Khurrana's jokes with Sophie Choudry. He spent time interacting with the audience and Sophie and him shared quite the laugh.
10) Karisma's numerous outfits were each more beautiful than the other. What was impressive was that during her dance performance, she changed her outfit in a matter of seconds!
Also in Bollywood News
- Details about the VIP dinner and performances on April 15
- The Indo-Pak musical night will feature top singers along with Dubai DJs
- Is Kangana Ranaut becoming arrogant after her recent success?
- Newly crowned Miss India Koyal Rana shares her future plans