Rajnikanth thanks fans for prayers

Rajnikanth thanks fans for prayers

Plus, what he had to say in his four-page-letter to them
Rajnikanth thanks fans for prayers


Read more about Rajnikanth

Tamil megastar Rajinikanth, who is recovering in Singapore, thanked his fans for praying for his recovery and said he would make them happy in his next movie 'Rana'.

In a four-page letter to his fans, released to the media in Chennai, Rajinikanth said: "I was at a loss for words when I sat to write to fans soon after getting discharged from the hospital."

He apologised for talking to them after speaking to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa and DMK president M. Karunanidhi.

"I am talking to you after speaking to the chief minister who had assured the government's help and to Kalaignar (Karunanidhi) who has immense affection for me," the actor said, adding: "Sorry for not talking to you first."

He said it is man who tosses the coin and whether it would be heads or tails on hitting the ground is decided by God.

"In my game, on one side there was money, science, healthcare and the world's best doctors. On the other side were the prayers, poojas that were performed by the fans which saved my life," he said.

Rajnikanth told his fans that they have shown the world the amount of love they had for him and he would not forget that in his life.

The 60-year-old actor, who made his mark as a character actor in the movie 'Aarulirunthu Arupathu Varai' (From Six to 60 Years) was flown to Singapore May 28 and admitted to the hospital the next day.

Rajinikanth was Wednesday (June 15) discharged from the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore but will remain in the island-nation for another month and a half.

He was admitted to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre here with fever and fluid retention following acute gastro-intestinal and respiratory problems May 13. He was discharged from hospital May 28.

At the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre, the actor underwent advanced treatment, including hemodialysis.

He was earlier admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting, and was discharged in the evening.

On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St. Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever.