- 1 / 9
While traditional weddings are beautiful in their own way, some couples prefer to take a less predictable route when it comes to their nuptials. Pernia's Pop-Up Shop's November magazine is dedicated to them. Dauntless and defiant, with an 'I don't care' attitude, Ileana D'cruz stars on the cover and lays down the '8 Commandments of the New-Age Bride'.
1. Eat your heart out! Amongst the million things to stress about, don't let food become one. It's your wedding, you'll be radiating the most when you are truly happy (well in this case, your tummy)
2. Not everything has to be perfect. Memories are not memories without some screw-ups. This is exactly the motto of my pendant.
3. Brides do love to make an entrance. Don't let traditions define your move. Pick your man from the altar instead of waiting for him.
4. Not every brides wants to get subdued in kgs of traditional jewellery. Some heirlooms with a hint of your style will make you shine brighter than diamonds.
5. When you're wearing 10 kgs on the most important day of your life, comfort comes first!
6. Don't be an over-planner and stress yourself. Let the wedding fun take its course, be a little spontaneous.
7. Laugh, dance and have a lot of fun. This is YOUR wedding. Coy brides are so 90s.
8. Get married when you want to and not when the society wants. It's about what you and him and nobody else.
Pernia Qureshi is a style guru, fashion designer, stylist and the founder of Pernia's Pop Up Shop.
Photography: Arjun Mark
Styling: Mohit Rai
Hair & Makeup: Elton Fernandez