At just 24 years old, Alia Bhatt emerged as the frontrunner of Bollywood, and is quite easily the embodiment of the modern Indian woman. She’s youthful, fierce and has effortlessly made a mark on audiences with her stellar red carpet looks and her versatile body of work. Following in the footsteps of Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit (not forgetting the ageless icons Sharmila Tagore and Sridevi), she’s signed on as LUX‘s newest brand ambassador. Here are some lesser known facts about B’town’s sweetheart.
1. When she’s not strutting across red carpets or shooting at exotic locations, the star unwinds with her art! She’s a charcoal painter who has also exhibited her work at various exhibitions.
2. Her impeccable genes can be credited to her mixed lineage. She is half-Kashmiri and German from her mother’s side and Gujrati from her father’s side.
3. In addition to acting, the actress enthralled audiences with her vocal capabilities in Highway and Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and has reportedly undergone professional training for the same at A.R. Rahman’s music academy!
4. Her much celebrated Bollywood debut Student Of The Year, was in fact her second acting project. In 1999, at just 6 years old, she played a younger version of Preity Zinta’s character in Sangharsh.
5. The young star also is an ardent athlete and proved her sporting qualities during her school days at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai.