1/2 cup whole black
2 tbsps kidney beans (rajma)
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp fresh ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric Powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 cup fresh tomato puree
1 tsp canola oil
salt to taste
● Wash and soak the lentils and kidney beans overnight. Drain the water in the morning and combine it with 2 cups of fresh water and salt.
● Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
● Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and tomato puree to the mixture.
● Pour the daal with the water into the pressure cooker and cook till the daals are well done and almost over cooked.
● Add a cup of milk and 1 cup of water, and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. Whisk well till the daal is almost mashed. The daal will become thick and creamy.
● Serve the daal hot and garnish with coriander and yogurt. Delicious!
Related Articles & PhotosNo articles / photos
Most Read Today
Aishwarya's new red carpet pick: a one-shouldered Gucci Premiere gown!